Have you ever tried to get more interaction on social media? You know that it’s important, but you probably don’t know where to start. With these simple tips and tricks for getting more engagement on social media, your posts will be seen by the people who are interested in what you have to say.
8 Tips to Get More Interaction on Social Media
Interaction or engagement is a tricky thing. It’s not something that can be obtained without effort, and it’s never easy to keep up with social media trends – did you see that Instagram FINALLY published details on how their algorithm works earlier this month?! The more engagement that you get on your posts, the better chance there is of people seeing your content- which means more views for you! So how do you increase engagement?
Here are some quick tips:
- Be Authentic – Speak to your audience in an engaging and personable way.
- Mix it Up – Try to change up the types of posts you are making so that each one is unique and interesting.
- Be Original – Make sure you are posting original content that people will find helpful or entertaining, not just regurgitating what other pages have posted on their social media feeds already.
- Time it Right – Post at optimal times based on previous data from your social media accounts.
- Provide Value – Create content your audience will find valuable, rather than just posting for the sake of creating something new to post about. Think about what you’re posting before you hit publish.
- Use emojis – They are a great way to show your brand’s personality and break up blocks of text.
- Be Detailed, but Succinct – Nobody wants to read all day on social media feeds, so edit your posts down as much as possible. As Kate Chernis says, it’s “one part writing and four parts editing.”
- Tag Others – It’s not just about you! Make sure you tag relevant people, businesses, and organizations – especially if you’re resharing their content!
These easy-to-implement tips will help you get more shares, comments, likes, and followers every time you post something new! Something all small, local businesses strive for.
If you want to get more engagement on social media, it’s important for your posts to be authentic and original. If you’re looking for a few simple tips to help increase the number of likes or shares on your next post, make sure not to forget these helpful tips!